Nov 9th 2011
1. Toolbar Installation
If you download the ChatZum toolbar (“ChatZum" or “Toolbar", you will be:
1. installing a software program on your computer, in the form of a toolbar installed in your Internet browser, with features including a search box and search assistant, that we explain in more detail below;
2. entering into this contract (the “End User License Agreement or “EULA" with Search Safer Inc. governing your use of the software program and associated websites.
You must be 13 years of age or older to install or to use the ChatZum Toolbar. If you are not yet 13, do not download the ChatZum Toolbar. If you are at least 13 but not yet 18 years of age, please have your parent or legal guardian review this End User License Agreement with you, discuss any questions you might have, and install the Toolbar for you.
If you are a parent or a guardian, you are responsible for exercising supervision over your children's on-line activities. If you do not agree to the End User License Agreement, do not let your child use the ChatZum Toolbar or associated features. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 and believe that he or she is using the Toolbar, please contact us at Help@ChatZum.com
This End User License Agreement is a legal contract between you and ChatZum.
If you do not understand or agree with any part of the rules outlined in these End User License Agreement, please do not use the ChatZum Toolbar. If you have any questions or concerns regarding what is written here, please let us know by emailing us to email@example.com. Do not use the ChatZum Toolbar until these questions and concerns have been answered to your satisfaction and you agree to abide by the End User License Agreement. By using the ChatZumToolbar, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this agreement and to abide by all its terms and conditions, just as if you had signed it.
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT SPYWARE OR ADWARE. IT WILL NOT WATCH HOW YOU USE YOUR COMPUTER. IT WILL NOT DELIVER POP-UP ADS.
1. ChatZum : An add-on toolbar that allows you to easily add the abilty to share files with your friends within different social networks (such as twittwe, facebook and etc)
-ChatZum Toolbar for IE, Chrome and for Firefox: A toolbar that is located on your internet browser and allows you to: -Add File sharing to social networks -Search the web through ChatZum Search, which allow you: -allows you to search the web through: a. A search box in the toolbar. b. Default Search (for IE 7 and Firefox): Using the search box next to the address bar. Upon installation, we offer you to use ChatZum search as your default search provider in IE7/8 and Firefox. You can manually choose other search providers by clicking on the drop down button next to the search box. c. Search Assistance: if you place a search query in the address bar or misspell an address, this feature provides you with relevant links and search results. -Home page: Upon installation, we offer you to change your Home Page to the ChatZum serachHome Page which is essentially a Web search page. If you do not want to accept this change, you may uncheck the relevant box in the set-up process. -New tab -when opening a new tab in your browser ChatZum will enable to search the web immediately from the opened new tab, If you do not want to accept this change, you may uncheck the relevant box in the set-up process.
2. License Conditions ChatZum owns the Toolbar. The Toolbar, including all code, content, protocols, software, and documentation provided to you by Licensor are Licensor's property or the property of Licensor's licensors, and are protected by Israel. and international copyright, trademarks, patents and other proprietary rights and laws relating to Intellectual Property Rights. "Intellectual Property Rights" means, collectively, rights under patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret laws, and any other intellectual property or proprietary rights recognized in any country or jurisdiction worldwide, including, without limitation, moral or similar rights. You may not delete, alter, or remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice we have placed on the Toolbar or the Websites. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are expressly reserved to Licensor and its licensors. You understand that we, in our sole discretion, may modify or discontinue or suspend your right to access any of our services or use the Toolbar at any time, and we may at any time suspend or terminate any license hereunder and disable the Toolbar or any of its component features. You cannot buy, sell, or tamper with the Toolbar. You may not rent, sell, lease, sublicense, distribute, assign, copy (other than a single copy for your own backup purposes), or in any way transfer the Toolbar or use the Toolbar for the benefit of any third party. You may not install the Toolbar on any computer without permission from the owner of that computer. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic or manual device or process to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Toolbar or the Websites, except to remove our Toolbar from a computer of which you are an owner or authorized user. You may not violate or attempt to violate the security of our services. You may not modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise discover the Toolbar, or attempt to do so for any reason. You may not access, create or modify the source code of the Toolbar in any way. You do not have the right to and may not create derivative works of the Toolbar. All modifications or enhancements to the Toolbar remain the sole property of Licensor.
Toolbar Updates. We reserve the right to add additional features or functions to the existing Toolbar. When installed on your computer, the Toolbar periodically communicates with our servers. We may require the updating of the Toolbar on your computer when we release a new version of the Toolbar, or when we make new features available. This update may occur automatically or upon prior notice to you and may occur all at once or over multiple sessions. You understand that we may require your review and acceptance of our then-current End User License Agreement before you will be permitted to use any subsequent versions of the Toolbar. You acknowledge and agree that we have no obligation to make available to you any subsequent versions of the Toolbar. You may use our Toolbar and Websites only for lawful purposes. The services we provide are subject to, and you agree that you shall at all times comply with, all local, state, national, and international laws, statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and the like applicable to use of the Licensor Toolbar and Websites. You agree not to use the Toolbar, Websites, or any other services provided by Licensor to conduct any business or activity or solicit the performance of any activity, which is prohibited by law, or any contractual provision by which you are bound
3. Content and Infringement Links and Search Results. The Toolbar and Websites may provide access to search results or other links to other websites or resources. Because we have no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Access to Content through the Toolbar and Websites. You understand that all content, including, without limitation all data, links, articles, graphic or video messages and all information, text, software, music, sound, graphics or other materials ("Content") made available or accessible through the Toolbar and Websites, whether publicly available or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the entity or person from whom it originated. You understand and agree that by using the Toolbar or the Websites you may be exposed to Content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable in your community. You agree to accept all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such Content. Under no circumstances will Licensor be liable in any way for any Content created by or originating with entities other than Licensor, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any such Content, or for loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the transmission or posting of such Content by means of the Toolbar or links to such Content from the Websites. The Toolbar and Websites are exposed to various security issues, and should be regarded as unsecure. By accepting this Agreement, you acknowledge and accept that the Toolbar, Websites, and any information you download or offer to share by means of the Toolbar or Websites, may be exposed to unauthorized access, interception, corruption, damage or misuse, and should be regarded as insecure. You accept all responsibility for such security risks and any damage resulting therefrom.
Copyright Protection of Content you display using our services. You are solely responsible for the Content you display on or thorough the use of the Websites. It is your obligation to ensure that the display of any Content including photos, text, video and music files, is not violating any copyright. You must either own or have a license to use any copyrighted Content that you display on the Websites. Licensor respects and expects its users to respect the rights of copyright holders. On notice, Licensor will act appropriately to remove Content that infringes the copyright rights of others. Licensor reserves the right to disable the access to the Toolbar, Websites or other services by anyone who uses them to repeatedly infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of others. If you believe that our services contain elements that infringe your copyright rights, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: -an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; -a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; -a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site; -your address, telephone number, and email address; -a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; -a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
5. Disclaimer of Warranty YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SOFTWARE, WEBSITES AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SOFTWARE. WE PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE, THE WEBSITES AND THE CONTENT ON AN "AS IS," AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ChatZum MAKES NO GUARANTEES AS TO THE SITES AND INFORMATION LOCATED WORLDWIDE THROUGHOUT THE INTERNET WHICH YOU MAY ACCESS AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING AS TO: (I) THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY, CONTENT, OR QUALITY OF ANY SUCH SITES AND INFORMATION, OR (II) WHETHER ANY SEARCH USING THE SOFTWARE MAY LOCATE UNINTENDED AND OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT. CHATZUM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATING TO PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU INSOFAR AS THEY RELATE TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT.
6. Termination You may terminate this Agreement at any time by uninstalling and destroying all copies of the Toolbar in your possession or control and ceasing to use or access the Websites. We may terminate this Agreement or your account (or any part thereof), disable the Toolbar or cease providing any service at any time in our sole discretion. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination or disabling of the Toolbar or ceasing to operate the Websites.
7. Limitation of Liability YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NONE OF US, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, OUR AFFILIATES, OUR SUPPLIERS, OUR ADVERTISERS, OUR MERCHANT PARTNERS, NOR OUR OR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (THE "COVERED PARTIES") ARE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, AND COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM: (A) THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SOFTWARE, SITES OR SERVICES, (B) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, (C) THE STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITES OR SERVICES, (D) RELIANCE ON CONTENT OR POSTINGS ON THE SITES OR SERVICES, OR (E) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE SOFTWARE, THE SITES OR THE SERVICES. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL OUR DIRECT LIABILITY OR THE DIRECT LIABILITY OF ANY OTHER COVERED PARTY TO YOU HEREUNDER EXCEED $100.00. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. Indemnification YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS ChatZum., ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, LIABILITY, DAMAGES AND/OR COSTS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ATTORNEYS' FEES) ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES, YOUR VIOLATION OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE OR YOUR INFRINGEMENT, OR INFRINGEMENT BY ANY OTHER USER OF YOUR ACCOUNT, OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHT OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY. YOU AGREE TO IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY ChatZum.. OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT OR ANY OTHER BREACH OF SECURITY KNOWN TO YOU.
9. Electronic Signatures and Agreements. You acknowledge and agree that by clicking on the button labeled "I ACCEPT" or such similar links as may be designated by ChatZum to download the ChatZum Software to accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are submitting a legally binding electronic signature and are entering into a legally binding contract. You acknowledge that your electronic submissions constitute your agreement and intent to be bound by this Agreement. Pursuant to any applicable statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances or other laws, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, CONTRACTS, ORDERS AND OTHER RECORDS AND TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS INITIATED OR COMPLETED THROUGH THE CHATZUM SOFTWARE OR SERVICES. Further, you hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records.
10. General Provisions. ChatZum reserves all rights not expressly granted herein. ChatZum may modify this Agreement at any time by providing such revised Agreement to you or posting the revised Agreement on its website located at ChatZum www.ChatZum.com. Your continued use of the ChatZum Software and/or Services shall constitute your acceptance of such revised Agreement. You may not assign this Agreement or any rights hereunder. Nothing in this Agreement shall constitute a partnership or joint venture between you and ChatZum. Should any term or provision hereof be deemed invalid, void or unenforceable either in its entirety or in a particular application, the remainder of this Agreement shall nonetheless remain in full force and effect. The failure of ChatZum at any time or times to require performance of any provision hereof shall in no manner affect its right at a later time to enforce the same unless the same is waived in writing. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Israel without regard to its conflict of law rules. Any legal proceeding arising out or relating to this Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of any court of Israel and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. The terms set forth in this Agreement and any related service agreements constitute the final, complete and exclusive agreement with respect to the ChatZum Software and Services and may not be contradicted, explained or supplemented by evidence of any prior agreement, any contemporaneous oral agreement or any consistent additional terms. ChatZum may at its sole discretion assign this Agreement to a subsidiary or sister company, without giving prior notice. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND THE RIGHTS, OBLIGATIONS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN. BY CONTINUING TO INSTALL THE CHATZUM SOFTWARE, YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND GRANT TO CHATZUM THE RIGHTS SET FORTH HEREIN